This project will overcome the current limitations of conventional CT imaging dedicated to cardiovascular disease (CVD) by developing a non-radioactive molecular imaging methodology using the SPCCT technology. This will be achievable with a high spatial resolution of 200 µm combined with newly developed contrast agents detected with high quality K-edge technique that can only be provided by SPCCT technology.
The project will overcome the current limitations of conventional CT imaging dedicated to cardiovascular disease by developing a non-radioactive molecular imaging methodology using SPCCT technology.
The specific objectives of the ATHERSPECTRAL-CT project are:
- To develop and perform, with already clinically available Gd nanosized particles a very high spatial resolution non-invasive angiography
- To perform quantitative myocardial perfusion evaluation using clinically available Gd nanosized or specifically tailored particles
- To extend this approach to optimize targeted new nanohybrid contrast agents for elastin and ICAM.
- To develop targeted nanosized particles in order to reach locally high concentrations of these heavy atoms for SPCCT detection and binding these atoms to the two above mentioned markers of inflammatory processes.
- To detect, quantify and monitor in vivo, non-invasively, the evolution of atheroma, and myocardial infarction using newly developed targeted new hybrid nano contrast agents.
Ce site utilise des cookies pour vous offrir le meilleur service. Vous pouvez cependant choisir de ne pas les utiliser en validant votre choix ci-dessous. Pour en savoir plus sur l'utilisation de cookies sur ce site, vous pouvez cliquer ici.